Saturday, February 9, 2013

Polo Suya

Hi, I'm being a bit lazy about moving my poems from Facebook over to this nook. Take a look at my Notes on Facebook and let me know if you think I should bring them over to this Grey zone...


It spread like wildfire 
Who’s to say it wasn't in truth, wildfire?
 Went from the north of my core due south
 in one solid swipe 
Left me dazed it did 
Weakened me, 
turned me to a writhing mass of nerves 
The smile of my face turned foolish 
The whisper in the breeze 
 Was of a gossip uttered only in dark, secret places 
I listened to every story
 told by each bite sized piece 
They had raunchy tales to tell 
We became one 
A testimony to a ripe tradition
Suddenly part of a rhythm that started long ago 
My senses opened up 
to an excursion into deep, spicy places 
A new kind of sating 
 A different name for “knowing”
 Kai, Mallam, Two more shaki and beef, 
put plenty pepper…

1 comment:

  1. hahaha....so so Hilarious, ans so true! Beautifully crafted poetry!
    Big Ups to SUYAAAAAAAA

    *wink*

    ReplyDelete